Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting A New Year

Today I woke up feeling better than I have been feeling the past few weeks. Most people thinks that Fibromyalgia is all in your head, well if you are one of those people here is a little background about Fibromyalgia.  Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition characterized by widespread pain in your muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as fatigue and multiple tender points — places on your body where slight pressure causes pain. Fibromyalgia occurs in about 2 percent of the population in the United States. Women are much more likely to develop the disorder than are men, and the risk of fibromyalgia increases with age. Fibromyalgia symptoms often begin after a physical or emotional trauma, but in many cases there appears to be no triggering event. This being said the next time someone tells you that they have Fibromyalgia think about the day to day pain they go through. I will be 27 years old in March and I have suffered from it for 5 years. Some days the pain is so bad I can't get out of bed and somedays I feel great. I take medication for depression due to the fact that there is no cure for Fibro. I have been on several medications for fibro and some of them of have worked, but only for a short while and the symptoms come back. Imagine trying to raise two children under the age of six and work a full time job and your in pain the whole time. This is my goal to beat Fibro before it beats me this year.

5 comments:

  1. Awh I love you Tanessa. I hope you can my uncle's wife has this and she found a all natural pill, It seems to be working she says she fells 90 percent better. I will find out for you what it is and let you know. B/c last year the doctors tried everything nothing was working they read about it in a magazine. So I think it would be worth a try. Bless your heart I hope you do beat this. Love shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Shelly, it means the world to me! Let me know when you find out about the natural pill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanessa I am so sorry you are going through this. My dad has this, along with a lot of other things, and I have seen how it affects him. I can't believe I have worked with you for 2 years and I didn't know this about you. I hope you start feeling better soon. Let me know if I can help in any way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lindsey, I really appreciate your kindness. I didn't decide to really let everyone know until the last few months. It's time for me to stop letting it beat me, so I decided that it would help me to write about it so I can deal with it and get advice on how I can deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What medication are you on? My wife was taking Lexapro, Celebrex, and Meloxicam for her fibro. For her, Lexapro actually made her depressed and suicidal - so we took her off it. Celebrex didn't seem to do anything, for her. Meloxicam was given on by the general doctor and her rheumatologist took her off that because of side-effects. She now uses Ibuprofen only, as the safest for her version of fibro/RA.

    ReplyDelete